2017 Nats Results

Pylon Racing General Interest --

Topic Author
ceandra
Super Contributor
Flag: United States of America

Re: 2017 Nats Results

Postby ceandra » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:43 pm

The website was a last-minute idea, and ended up fairly simple. While rough around the edges, it did the intended job, and the folks at the race loved it.You got instant results on your phone, or could carry a copy of the matrix to dinner to do early trash talking or fear and trembling. Really cool, and it was easy!

We'll definitely do this again next year, and make the site more phone-friendly. Ronin4740 will be adding a spectator program with photos, plane info, and a short bio for each pilot at the Nats!

Anyone wanting to do this at another race is welcome to contact me for hints and tips on setting up the site. You will need internet at the field, which may be a smart phone hotspot. You will also need access to a web server via FTP, and a pre-made framework for the files. I will talk with NMPRA web folks about setting up an area on the nmpra web site for such results, which could be made available to the CD via an email before the contest. We'll see.

I am glad it went over well. Sure saved a bunch of printing.

Chuck
11H

Topic Author
ceandra
Super Contributor

Postby ceandra » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:37 pm

The temporary web site will go away eventually, so I am posting final images of the results here.

EF1.gif

424.gif
426A.gif
426B.gif
426Finals.gif

Topic Author
ceandra
Super Contributor

Postby ceandra » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:38 pm

And Q40:
Q40A.gif
Q40B.gif
Q40Finals.gif

fizzwater2
Super Contributor

Postby fizzwater2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:14 am

Chuck, thanks for all the work you've put into this!
Out of all the places we could be, this is one of them.

splatt
Super Contributor

Postby splatt » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:52 pm

Results? I can tell you mine. I ended up being that guy in yellow tights running through the pits once I learned I got into the finals on time in quickie. HA. I will always be able to say that, I got into the finals on time.... just don't ask what time it was..

I also realize that simply being among a group of people who have the grit it takes to be successful also rubs off on me and going back to my real life as a boring person makes my day !

Knowing I had the equipment ( R-200's), enough luck, and staying out of the way after a first heat, first 3/4 lap, mid-air, for the contest, I could get to fly more heats in the finals, with flyers who really have true grit to have a real appreciation of who I get to hang out with.

Thank you Lee, thank you everyone who make the NAT's happen, thank you Grassfield ( my home club ) for the experience.

I was able to make my Jett go with .004 worth of shims( above the cylinder ) with a red merlin plug and a 8.8x9.25 prop and my able bodied helper ! Now I just need to keep my thumb from jumping my caller when things get fun. I was one point out of the trophy ties, darn me :P

RCjunkie
Super Contributor

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Last time I was told if you flew in 424 and you could not fly 422. When did that change?
2 wrongs don't make a right But 2 Wrights makes a Airplane
Kevin Matney http://www.Matneymodels.com
734 - 848 - 8195
"IN GOD WE TRUST " 44W

GaryS
Super Contributor

Postby GaryS » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:38 pm

RCjunkie wrote:Last time I was told if you flew in 424 and you could not fly 422. When did that change?

It hasn't. Where are you seeing that somebody did?
GS

Return to “General Discussions Q500 & Q40”