Saving SEMPRA

Pylon Racing General Interest --

Topic Author
airplanescotty
Super Contributor
Flag: United States of America

Saving SEMPRA

Postby airplanescotty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:33 pm

As most everyone now knows,,, SEMPRA is very much in the Red and funded solely by the Smithwicks!

At Tangerine, Rocket did something very special,,, He announced, to all the Pilots, that SEMPRA needs operating capital to stay alive!!

As a result, 16 pilots joined SEMPRA, 6 more than last year!!!!
They are:
Mike Langlois
Kurt Beachler
Randy Bridge (added contribution $75)
Bob Brogden
Raniery Colette
Danny Coe
Terry Frazier (2-yr)
Gary Freeman Sr
Craig Korsen
Dennis O’Brien
Tom Scott
Dean Stone
Mario Travieso
Richard Tucker
Trey Witte
Tim Yousey

Thank you all,, you warmed our hearts,,, more than you can imagine!

At the time of take-over SEMPRA had a little over $400 in the bank?? The Smithwicks raised the account balance to required $1500.00 minimum to eliminate monthly bank charges, current SEMPRA bank account balance $1543.00 :-),,, paid-off one minor outstanding SEMPRA bill,, Race Fuel purchase, twice now, at $1200.00 per year, purchased a readable terminal for the Timer computer, Timer computer modem, new printer, print cartridges, paper, clip boards, etc, etc,.

On loan to SEMPRA is Smithwick personal LapTop for Matrix computer, personal battery charger for Light System.

Tangerine 2017 made SEMPRA $143.50 with the $3.50 per pilot, per class, per day ~ Light System maintenance Fee. Race fuel is non profit,, sold to the sponsoring club at cost.

Without a detailed accounting, my guess is,,, SEMPRA owes the Smithwicks between $1,700.00 and $2,000.00. Plus we have two more races!

If we exceed that working capital balance, thru membership and race income,, the excess will decrease, albeit very slowly, the Smithwick funding deficit!

At the Champ Race, multiple concerned individuals discussed the following:
A One Time Pilot Donation collection
Mandatory membership for SEMPRA race participation
Increase Light System usage fee
50-50 & Raffles.

Maureen and I need everyone's Help to get SEMPRA in the Black! ,,, We are corporate professional with NO Fund Raiser skills :) :roll: :o

In closing,, If we can get SEMPRA to a working balance of $3000.00 and pay off the Smithwicks,, we will have a healthy, functional organization with two people that are very much committed to support the South Eastern Division Pilots and Pylon!

XXOO

Scotty & Maureen
QTR Racing

RB
Super Contributor

Re: Saving SEMPRA

Postby RB » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:29 pm

Great job Scotty/Maureen,

We all appreciate the passion and detail of concern towards the SEMPRA group. We most certainly need to get you and your personal bank account squared up. It’s embarrassing that this has happened, as I’m sure most members had no clue that the SEMPRA financials were in such negative position.

Quite franklinly the $25 dollar dues is not nearly enough. Which is why I wrote you a check for $100. We might consider a member assessment to help financials. Something more immediate than having to wait year after year to resolve the money you’ve spent out of pocket.

Much appreciation toward you my friend..

Randy Bridge

Terry Frazer
Super Contributor

Postby Terry Frazer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Proud to be a member of sempra Terry

Topic Author
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Postby airplanescotty » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 pm

It is with a very warm heart that I can tell you our beloved Mr. Burnham has, in addition to Tavares race Fee's and SEMPRA membership dues,, made a very generous donation of $100 to the "Get SEMPRA In The Black" campaign - WOW :o :roll: :P

I remember shortly after Maureen and I got back into Pylon and we started to get to know everyone, :P ,,, We keep saying to ourselves,, these guys are "Totally Cool",, and later,, Clearly our SEMPRA motivation :D :)

XXOO

Scotty & "M"
QTR Racing

Return to “General Discussions Q500 & Q40”