DeLand Florida Air Races

Pylon Racing General Interest --

KRProton
Super Contributor
Flag: United States of America

Re: DeLand Florida Air Races

Postby KRProton » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Not to insult anybody who's already internet savvy, but you can just type in "Deland Municipal Airport" in Google Maps, then click "Nearby" on one of the tabs on the page, then click "Hotels" in the pulldown that will appear and all the hotels in the area will appear on the map with today's prices. (The prices may be different for the Deland dates).

You can click on a hotel to bring it up in the Maps menu, then click "Directions" and enter in "Deland Municipal Airport" to see how far the hotel is from the site.

Here's a link:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Budge ... 81.2379313

I went for bottom-dollar with the Budget Inn for $44.00/night. I figure as long as I don't get murdered too bad should be good enough for me and my planes! :o

Tim

Topic Author
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Postby airplanescotty » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 am

OK,,,

The words the Comfort Inn computer will understand are "DeLand RC Club",, try that and let me know if that works :lol: :o :roll:

While I was waiting to speak with Derek the Comfort in manager, I found the Orange City Motel. This is South of DeLand and 20 minutes from the airport and prolly 25 minutes to field. It looks to be old style,, "park by the door,, Motel,,, $80 thru Expedia or Priceline,,,
386-7775-2155.

Also Hampton Inn & Suites,, In Deland,, 20 Summit Oak Pl. 386-279-7808, south west side of the airport area,, Lobby entry, elevator to room, free breakfast,,

Scotty
QTR Racing

Topic Author
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Postby airplanescotty » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 am

I just tried the "nearby" button clicker deal,, worked Great :lol: :lol: ,,, Learn something new every day :D :P ~ Cool Beans!!!!
QTR Racing

Topic Author
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Postby airplanescotty » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am

$44 a night,, Scary,,, Just so we're clear,,,, all Entry Fee's are "NON-REFUNDABLE"!! :lol: :o :oops: :P :D
QTR Racing

Topic Author
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Postby airplanescotty » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm

As you can see from Greg's Posting of "Layout Out a New Pylon Course" Deland Planning is very much underway!

This proposed course layout may be different from years past, however the Club is expecting lots of Spectators, community awareness,,, related requirements. This layout satisfy's all requirements :D !!!

Based on rumors and propaganda I am already expecting a larger turnout than Tavares,, so am planning on 4 plane heats!

We will have three restrictions: 750' altitude limit so no vertical win maneuvers, no fly over a South designated area ~ active airport just over that fence :lol: :o :P :roll: and of course, No Liquor allowed on City Property.

Other than that,, it's all there,,, Flat hard surface venue, Endless Runway, Zero obstacles (#2 Pylon Tree's further than Tangerine :) :wink: ), conveyance to & from the starting line (truck & trailer minimal walking :D :wink: ) , all city conveniences, food, potty, grass pit area, free RV Dry Camping, and Florida Weather!

Oh almost forgot,,,, and to finalize covering all your race needs,,, The really old guy, Mr. O'Brien,, will be competing and has promised to have his "Store" with him for all needed parts, accessories and such,, assuming of course he still has his drivers license :lol: :P !!!!

As soon as you get back from Phx, Consider race enrollment open! All I need is your written intent, AMA number, and team members and their AMA!

Limiting number of pilots has entered my mind but no experience there,, so enroll early,, just in case! :)

Scotty
QTR Racing

Return to “General Discussions Q500 & Q40”