2020 NMPRA Q-40 Championship Race - Bid request

Pylon Racing General Interest --
twitte
Super Contributor

2020 NMPRA Q-40 Championship Race - Bid request

Post by twitte »

All,

It is that time again...

The rotating schedule has this cycle being on the West coast. I will be accepting bids for the 2020 NMPRA Q40 Championship until November 1st, 2019. At that point, the NMPRA board will review each bid and vote to select the site. If you have any questions, please get with me.

At this point, only West coast venues should submit bids. If no bids are received, I will make the decision on where to go from there.

I will post the selected site here on the forum.

Trey
twitte
Super Contributor

Re: 2020 NMPRA Q-40 Championship Race - Bid request

Post by twitte »

Is there anyone on the West coast up for this??

I believe it is important to move this race around the country.

Trey
MSALAZAR
Super Contributor

Post by MSALAZAR »

Trey,

After much deliberation among the organizing committee, the Whittier crew wishes to pass on the opportunity to host the 2020 Champ race.
We are experiencing some (negative) changes in several racing venues throughout SoCal, and at this point, not confirmed yet, we ( the Whittier Crew) might be the only ones offering Pylon racing in 2020 in the Southern California area.
That being said, since our club has allocated two weekend slots for racing, we think the right thing to do is to continue to support all three nitro classes (422, 426 and 424) at our field, during both racing weekends in 2020.

Thanks.
Mario Salazar
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Post by vonderhey »

There are other venues on the West Coast that are being discussed at this point.
twitte
Super Contributor

Post by twitte »

MSALAZAR wrote:Trey,

After much deliberation among the organizing committee, the Whittier crew wishes to pass on the opportunity to host the 2020 Champ race.
We are experiencing some (negative) changes in several racing venues throughout SoCal, and at this point, not confirmed yet, we ( the Whittier Crew) might be the only ones offering Pylon racing in 2020 in the Southern California area.
That being said, since our club has allocated two weekend slots for racing, we think the right thing to do is to continue to support all three nitro classes (422, 426 and 424) at our field, during both racing weekends in 2020.

Thanks.
Mario,

I know that is getting harder and harder to race in SoCal. Thank you for all that you and your group do for Pylon.

Trey
twitte
Super Contributor

Post by twitte »

vonderhey wrote:There are other venues on the West Coast that are being discussed at this point.
Thank you, Lee. Looking forward to hearing from them.

Trey
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

While struggling to create new races in Florida I have come to the realization that, viable Race venues are very limited!

A couple fields in Florida have expressed a desire to have a Pylon Race, however when "M" and I go visit and Greg does his "Google Map" layout thing,, there is simply not enuf room! Then if there is sufficient room, Civilization is simply to close!!!!

Here in the Orlando area, new housing is being developed as fast as the Dozers can clear the Tree's!!! The Tangerine field is surrounded by an active highway, new housing development, commercial property, and the landfill!

On the East Coast, south to north, Markham Park, Tavares, and OJA are safe race venues.

I have to assume the SoCal Basin field is plagued with Van Nuys Airport airspace restrictions, as is DeLand! All I remember about Whittier is the Brick Wall on final approach :roll: :lol: :P :D

I remember the great attendance we enjoyed at the DeLand race. I also remember how excited the Club was to support such a well attended event!

And I think there in lies the Critical Path of Pylon,,,, Club Motivation!

If we muster all our numbers to ensure and present a strong attendance at the viable race venues,, "The Club" will remain motivated to do it again "Next Year"!

Scotty
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
killerd
Super Contributor

Post by killerd »

I’m attending a board meeting on November 5th. I won’t be able to answer this proposal until then..

Doug K
Terry Frazer
Super Contributor

Post by Terry Frazer »

Don’t forget Muncie
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Yes, Thank God for Muncie, and Cincci!!!

I wanted to make the Denver race, never been, love the Rockies, lived 4 years in Aurora :D

Was going to name a couple more I am aware of but have yet to attend but decided to Err on the side of caution :lol: :roll: :oops:

Do we have a definitive list of "Safe" venues with active Club support??? My guess,, Connecticut, OJA, Tavares, Apopka, Markham Park, Muncie, Cincci, Lee Summit KS, Wichita, Denver, and Phoenix, Whittier,,,, Any more?????

Scotty
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Post by vonderhey »

We are aware of the November 1st deadline. We would like a bit more time to iron out some details with prospective West Coast Clubs. If we can, we would like the deadline extended until 01/01/20. This would give us ample time to iron out details with the prospective clubs and their members. Thank You,
Von Der Hey.
Hanknsd
Super Contributor

Post by Hanknsd »

Trey, Hank D here.
We at Denver would be interested in submitting a bid for the Champ race. However if any of the other west coast clubs want to submit a bid we would not submit a bid. Having said that I think you should extend the bid deadline date to see if anyone else is interested.
Regards Hank
killerd
Super Contributor

Post by killerd »

Concerning the Basin, I really only need till the 10th of November to place a bid or decline.

DK - West Coast
Chago_N20P
Super Contributor

Post by Chago_N20P »

Don't forget the North. Anyone in Canada-aye want to make a bid?

Would love to see the possibility
RSmith
Super Contributor

Post by RSmith »

Chago_N20P wrote:Don't forget the North. Anyone in Canada-aye want to make a bid?

Would love to see the possibility

Hi Chago,
I have always thought it would be great to host a NMPRA Champ race here in Calgary but we just do not have a field that is suitable.
It's OK for a district race but the NMPRA champ race and its participants deserve top notch facilities. We just don't have it.

Randy