U.S Nationals 2020

Pylon Racing General Interest --
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Re: U.S Nationals 2020

Post by mikecondon »

I like the paint ball idea a bit also. I give thought to shutting down the runway for this. Many want to practice. As for the PB guns? If I got my hands on one, I would have no choice but to shoot Frazier!!..lol
RCjunkie
Super Contributor

Post by RCjunkie »

KRProton wrote:
Chago_N20P wrote:Speaking of Nats, lets just stay with one matrix and one contest for the 2 days, and do away with qualifying and finals.
We tent to lose people at the end of the prelims (including volunteer workers), and the way the 2 so called wildcards are chosen is not fair for the folks that have been flying for points, get shafted by pot luck election of whoever.

The past year's format has to go.

Nobody asked for a discussion about the format, but maybe now is the time to start one - I'll follow Chago's lead. Organizers still have the option of considering these opinions or not, so I suppose no harm in writing. So here are my opinions: I'm with Chago on the single matrix (like last year if memory serves). It just seemed more fluid and so much easier to get through the day. But unfortunately, I still think you need some sort of elimination (qualifying) to get more rounds for those who actually have a chance to win and deserve to have that chance by getting through qualifying. But also same as Chago, I think wild cards should be awarded on some sort of merit.

Tim Lampe
I have been asking this for years, so were have you been. Why do some get to fly more then others for the same cost?
2 wrongs don't make a right But 2 Wrights makes a Airplane
Kevin Matney http://www.Matneymodels.com
734 - 848 - 8195
"IN GOD WE TRUST " 44W
Bob_T
Super Contributor

Post by Bob_T »

mikecondon wrote:I like the paint ball idea a bit also. I give thought to shutting down the runway for this. Many want to practice. As for the PB guns? If I got my hands on one, I would have no choice but to shoot Frazier!!..lol
We can supply a good paintball gun, ~ 500 paintballs, and two full regulation sized compressed air tanks. This gun is set up and tuned for compressed air (tanks are the normal paintball gun 3000 psi tanks). Each tank can last up to about an hour or so, depending on number of shots. If we don't have a local place to get the tanks refilled, you would have about 2-3 hrs of shooting and that's all, though.

Bob
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Post by mikecondon »

Hi Bob, I may want to talk to you further about this soon. We still need a airplane or 2 and a pilot.
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

I have Air Combat Maneuvering (ACM) training!!!!! :oops: :o :D

For one of my B'Day's "M" gave me Air Combat USA. 3 of Us Flew a Single engine 2 seater Marquette, X-Navy jock sitting next to us, half way to Catalina from San Pedro, SoCAl,,, did 7 fights, real head to head Air Combat,, only lost the first fight :wink:

On the last fight,,, Started at 7,000, went to 9, pulled 5 G's, did a High-Low YoYo to get the guy,,, came over the top inverted, rolled wigs level, Flamed his Ass with machine guns, leveled out at 2,000 above the Pacific Ocean,, Very Cool!!!!! :P :D

But that was long ago,, so I volunteer Randy Bridge for your other pilot!!!! :) :oops: :P

Scotty
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
dwc1
Super Contributor

Post by dwc1 »

Mike,

If you decide to go with the paintball thing I will bring something to fly to be shot at.

DC
GaryS
Super Contributor

Post by GaryS »

Paintball sounds fun!
The almost guaranteed way to take a plane down with a paintball gun...shoot the pilot’s hands!
Last edited by GaryS on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GS
iamtom
Super Contributor

Post by iamtom »

How about going retro. Potato cannon’s? Might even be a couple over in the maintenance building from 10 or 15 years ago.
123READY TURN
dwc1
Super Contributor

Post by dwc1 »

That's even better. I'd like to see a hit with a potato.
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Just think of the anticipation - HUGE!!!!
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Post by mikecondon »

Lets all just slow down for a day!!! Cant we just have a camp fire and all sit in a circle and have a sing along singing Kumbaya my Lord!!!
GaryS
Super Contributor

Post by GaryS »

mikecondon wrote:Lets all just slow down for a day!!! Cant we just have a camp fire and all sit in a circle and have a sing along singing Kumbaya my Lord!!!
Well...NO! :lol:
GS
Dave N
Super Contributor

Post by Dave N »

How about a blow up a shitter contest?
www.ncplracing.org
dwc1
Super Contributor

Post by dwc1 »

Dang...What rock did you crawl out from under??

How you been?
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Bet we did not see that one coming !!! :lol: :roll: :oops: :P :D