2021 Phoenix races

Pylon Racing General Interest --
jima
Super Contributor

2021 Phoenix races

Post by jima »

Hi All,

We've picked dates for the Winterfest Q500/EF1 race and the February Phoenix QM Classic.

Winterfest is January 9-10 ***CANCELLED***
Feb QM Classic is February 13-14

As usual, the field will be dedicated for practice on Friday January the 8th for the Winterfest and Thursday and Friday February 11th and 12th. Prior to these dates during the week leading up to the races, you MUST share time with club sport flyers if any are there and want to fly. Continuing these races in the future depends on this cooperation.

For February, dates were a challenge with the way the calendar worked out. Yes, the Sunday of the race is Valentines day. We're recommending that you bring your wife or girlfriend to enjoy some shopping in Scottsdale and a day or two after the race in the typically beautiful February weather here.

I'll have entry forms out shortly. You'll be sending entries to me this year as Roy Andrassy is unsure when he'll be able to get out of Canada for the winter.

Hope to see a bunch of you this winter. The club is looking forward to seeing everybody.

Jim Allen
Last edited by jima on Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Expresso Pylon Racer
Super Contributor

Re: 2021 Phoenix races

Post by Expresso Pylon Racer »

deleted post
Last edited by Expresso Pylon Racer on Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryS
Super Contributor

Post by GaryS »

Being that nothing about changes has been posted, it’s pretty safe to say nothing has changed.
GS
rocket
Super Contributor

Post by rocket »

There’s a lockdown in AZ? Thought was just NY
And I said, here am I send me.
jima
Super Contributor

Post by jima »

There is not a "lockdown" in AZ. Unfortunately, we do have an order by our Governor that requires that a permit be obtained for any organized event held in the state that will have over a certain number of people that we believe the Winterfest Q500/EF1 event would exceed. We found out about this requirement a bit over a week ago. Of course, this is driven by the current health situation. The requirements to get a permit are fairly extensive and applications have to be submitted well ahead of the event.

With this in mind, we are sorry to announce that we are going to need to cancel the Winterfest Q500/EF1 race originally scheduled for January 9-10.

For the February QM Classic scheduled for February 13-14, we are going to look further into the feasibility of being able to comply with the requirements to be granted a permit for the event by Maricopa County officials. We will update on that one before the end of December and sooner if possible.

The Speedworld RC Flyers regret having to make this decision and look forward to having the current health situation behind us for January 2022 Winterfest and keep your fingers crossed for the 2021 QM Classic.

Regards,

Jim Allen
jima
Super Contributor

Post by jima »

After a ton of wrangling and looking at all factors, we have decided to also cancel the 2021 Phoenix QM Classic race. This is very unfortunate and we are very sorry but we believe its the right thing to do. We'll look forward to and will start planning 2022. Targets would be January 8-9 and February 12-13.

Please stay safe everyone and have a Happy New Year!!

Jim Allen