Prayers for Richard Tucker

Pylon Racing General Interest --
rocket
Super Contributor

Prayers for Richard Tucker

Post by rocket »

Just spoke to his wife, he’s on life support and not going to make it. Diabetes has taken its toll on him. Glad I got to visit at tangerine.
And I said, here am I send me.
pastpres
Super Contributor

Re: Prayers for Richard Tucker

Post by pastpres »

Ugh, what terrible news. We wish the best to him and his loved ones, Lloyd
bob brogdon
Super Contributor

Post by bob brogdon »

Sad news indeed. We offer our prayers for Richard and the family.

Bob
cbk07
Super Contributor

Post by cbk07 »

This is devastating news. There is something about Richard that always makes me smile! He has a huge heart.....prayers sent from the Korsens
killerd
Super Contributor

Post by killerd »

Very Sad indeed.

I had a conversation with him at the Tangerine also. He didn't look good nor was he optimistic about getting better. Richard is credited for dragging me into 3 pole racing. He handed me a plane and said let's go race, "don't worry if you crash it". Midair in the first heat...lol. I echo the same about his charity and heart. I'm a first hand witness when he was on the west coast and he actually lived in Lancaster/Palmdale when we met in the 90's. Prayers to his family during this difficult time...

Doug K
twitte
Super Contributor

Post by twitte »

I had a long conversation with Richard in December, as well as many of y’all. He sat in his truck and we laughed! He said he would see me at the next one as we parted. I hope and pray that is the case.

Thoughts and prayers for the entire Tucker family.

Trey
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

"M" and I lost our son to Leukemia at age 11 and since then, have not been able to handle personal tragedy and departures!!!

So this morning, being completely incapable and fully aware Dora may not want to receive calls,, I reached out to Tim Yousey to see if he had any word. As of yesterday, I think,,, our beloved Richard was unresponsive to the ventilator, not fighting it at all,,, which we all know is not good!

I too keep a very special place in my heart for "Our Richard"!!

XXOO

Scotty
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

As of yesterday evening, Richard is still fighting and is with us ~ God Bless him!!!!

Scotty
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

God Bless Tim Yousey, he keeps going us great news about our Richard :D :P :) :wink: :D

Richard is now conscious, not talking but eyes are blinking :P :P how wonderful is that!!

XXOO

Scotty
cbk07
Super Contributor

Post by cbk07 »

This is great news! Thanks for sharing Scotty
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

I have been waiting on Tim for an update,,,, Rocket bugged me yesterday,, "How's Tucker"?????,,,, So I mustered the courage to call Dora and see how Richard is dong!!!!

Good & Not Good ~ UGH!!!!

First off they transferred him to specialized Hospital, in "The Villages", where ya gotta be in really bad shape to be admitted!!!! "The Villages" a very huge successful affluent community north west of Orlando.

Not sure about the timing but at one point the Family decided to cease ventilation & let Richard go, agonized thru the whole decision process, what's best, would he want to life in a vegetative state if he woke up, all that,, so the family made their decision,,,,, they getting ready to turn off the machine and Richard wakes up!!! Holy S%&t, WTF and OMG,,, so they go from total sorrow and remorse to "WHAT???,, Hi Honey :o :) :D

Dora said he is talking, moving everything, but he remains there and no one is talking discharge.....

She said, shortly after he woke up he spoke to her and gave her a list of things to follow-up on or get completed,, that's My Richard!!! :lol:

Now she is not allowed near him, COVID,, for this he has become extremely anxious, BP high,, so meds to counteract all that!!! His diabetes is also really really high !!!! Not sure why that would be?????

Based on recent posts,,, Better,,, however remains,,,, Not Good!!!!

Scotty
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

I just made a second attempt to speak with Dora,,, this time Richards phone went immediately to voice mail!!!

XXOO

Scotty
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Richard is awake!!!! :D :D :D :D and pretty much disconnected from all the attachments,,, ventilation etc, etc,... He is not happy about having to go to the bathroom :lol:

He is not allowed visitors, but is making phone calls to family, moving his hands & arms, gesturing,,, He has been gone for so long, they say his brain is still in transition from dream state to reality state so verbiage still a bit incoherent,,, described as ~ Kinda comes and goes,,,,

Medically,, they are working on "His Core" trying to needed strength back to walk again, they not sure if that will happen but they trying, legs & feet dangling mostly but trying!!! Atrophy is rapid and serious,,, so getting everything going again is significant and lengthy!!!!!

I asked Dora to tell Richard to call Scotty :roll: :o :P :D She said she would !!!

Scotty
cncmachine
Super Contributor

Post by cncmachine »

Thank you guys
Hi to all my pylon buddies .
All I need to do now is learn to walk again !
I found out I was in a medical induced coma .
The dreams were so real and crazy !
Hope to see you all at the races after COVID-19 crap is b hind us . I going to b selling a load pylon planes and servos jr3421 s Ect engine,s
Richard
cbk07
Super Contributor

Post by cbk07 »

Hi Richard,

Great to see you here!! I saw Rocket in FL Friday, we were just talking about you.....so glad to hear you are doing better! Keep getting stronger and listening to the doctors. Hope to see you at an event later this year.

Craig