Pete Bergstrom

Pylon Racing General Interest --
kane
Super Contributor

Pete Bergstrom

Post by kane »

It is with great sadness that I inform the pylon community that we have lost a true leader and gentleman. I do not have any information as to why or how, other than he passed last night in his sleep. Pete, has served as our President, he was instrumental in the formation of EF-1 and his unwavering support of our events places a huge void that may not be filled. My heart goes out to all that he has touched, helped and influenced over the years.

Until we meet again,

The Kane family.
Dr.Doolittle
Super Contributor

Re: Pete Bergstrom

Post by Dr.Doolittle »

Rest in Peace Pete. Thank you so much for all you have done for the modelling community and for pylon in particular. You were an Iconic leader and a great supporter for pylon. We will all miss your big smile at the starting line during the Muncie Nats and World Championships.
Condolences to Linda and your whole family.

Roy Andrassy (Dr. DooLittle)
ceandra
Super Contributor

Post by ceandra »

Pete touched a lot of people in his many walks of life. I had the pleasure of knowing him through the Pylon world. He did everything with excellence, strived toward perfection, and had a true servant heart.

Pete, you will be missed!

Chuck
11H
fizzwater2
Super Contributor

Post by fizzwater2 »

Terribly sorry to hear this. He will be missed, for sure. He gave so much of himself, it won't be the same at the NATS without him keeping me in line..
Out of all the places we could be, this is one of them.
killerd
Super Contributor

Post by killerd »

Pete was amazing!! I didn't know him that well and he came out to CA to be my starter a few years ago at a big race. He offered up his time and expertise and did a fantastic job for the event. My 2nd Pete story was at my very first Q40 event at the Basin in 2003. I went 101 in my 3rd or 4th round, 2nd place in that heat to Pete. I had no idea who Pete was or how good that time was. It took me 5 years to duplicate my 101.

RIP Pete
RSmith
Super Contributor

Post by RSmith »

I only knew Pete as our Starter at the NATS in Muncie for many years.
I will always remember his last words before the start of every heat, "Gentlemen, have fun. You're on the clock!"

Pete showed us all how to have fun in the midst of our competitive hobby. He did it with class. Pete will be missed.

Randy

Post by mikecondon »

Our forever friend forever!!!
For all of us who are sharing this and feeling bad our friend has left us...
Pete is in a better place now, and he knows we will all make it through...
He hopes it will help us to know, that he will be waiting for each and everyone of us...