NATS 2021 INPUT PAGE

Pylon Racing General Interest --
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Re: NATS 2021 INPUT PAGE

Post by airplanescotty »

Clearly,,, "The Worlds" date precipitated the holiday conflict!

Given the postponement,,,,, Plenty of time to reschedule vacation with employers, while easing potential timing conflicts between Moonshot and The Nat's :lol: :oops: :P :D

Good Question!!!!!

XXOO
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
KRProton
Super Contributor

Post by KRProton »

Undoubtedly, the organizers of both the pylon nat's and the world championships deliberated about the dates taking everything into consideration (including other groups that use the site) and they felt that the dates they came up with were the best (or, least worst).

With the cancelation of the WC, this is probably a you can't please everybody situation where, if you move the nat's dates to please some competitors you'll then upset others for whatever other reasons.

Tim Lampe
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Tim,,,,

The reality is,,,,, In the back room of AMA they have this really big dart board, large enough to accommodate two calendar months,,, June & July,,,, at the appointed time,,, they draw straws to see who throws the dart!!!!

The winning person is then blind folded, spun around 5 times, faced toward the dart board,,,, and throws the dart, thus establishing the event start date!!!! The resulting event dates dates are calculated and published,,, Simple really!!!

The Dart Board has that Laser Cut precision look about it,,,,, Did you make it????

Scotty
pastpres
Super Contributor

Post by pastpres »

I bet it hit you right in the ass!
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Post by mikecondon »

My understanding is that the World dates were set in stone. My requirement, long before the bid was accepted, was the Nats were to proceed the Worlds with a 2 day gap. My advice is to treat everyday as Fathers Day!! Then make plans to take a day off!!!
GaryS
Super Contributor

Post by GaryS »

mikecondon wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:48 pm My understanding is that the World dates were set in stone. My requirement, long before the bid was accepted, was the Nats were to proceed the Worlds with a 2 day gap. My advice is to treat everyday as Fathers Day!! Then make plans to take a day off!!!
Well, now you have until 2022 to have the 2021 Nats preceded the Worlds. The AMA now has the site open when the Worlds were originally scheduled..so why can’t they be moved?
GS
Joe Tropea
Super Contributor

Post by Joe Tropea »

mikecondon wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:48 pm My understanding is that the World dates were set in stone. My requirement, long before the bid was accepted, was the Nats were to proceed the Worlds with a 2 day gap. My advice is to treat everyday as Fathers Day!! Then make plans to take a day off!!!
Mike:

I'm sorry but I do not quite understand your response. I understand that the Worlds played into the conversation at one time. However, that is no longer the case, With 5 months before the event, why can we not go back to the original 2nd week in July as it has been for years? I, as well as other will not be able to attend EF-1 and possibly Q-500 as well due to the shift in schedule.

Every day IS just like Father's Day for me. I don't get to do what I want to do on that day just like every other day of the year!
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Post by mikecondon »

Moving on!!
The dates will not change for 2021. There have been many prior commitments made by AMA and all else attending. Workers included. Personally I also would like to have seen F Day not be part of the mix. The Nats are only 3 1/2 months away. Plenty of time to make adjustments.
And will someone please give Scotty a job!!! He has way too much time to think!!
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Apologies :oops: :o :cry: :D
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Went to Lowe’s today, they hiring,, so I sat at the computer and submitted an application!!!

Wish me luck!!!

:cry: :o :D
MLH
Super Contributor

Post by MLH »

Do you want luck that they will hire you or turn you down?
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Already got a call, clearly there desperate !!!! :o :o
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Post by mikecondon »

Any issues and concerns about dates should be directed to Joyce AMA. I didnt care either way. Many have RV rentals that may not be able to change dates. There are a few other reasons also that she may clear up. sorry
twitte
Super Contributor

Post by twitte »

All,

I want to finalize the discussion about the dates for the Nationals. The dates for the Nationals can not change. Too many factors of the planning for the contest are not able to be changed. The preparations for the Nationals are different than the preparations for the Wold Championships. They cannot just be interchanged.

There will be no need to call the AMA or Joyce.

Let’s continue along the path of having a great competition. Registration is open online.

Trey
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Post by mikecondon »

I totally agree with Trey!! I apologize for my mis-direction of contacting AMA.
Moving forward all together, to assure a great 2021 Nats, is the best plan for us all. I hope we can all continue to offer input to the success of our 2021 Nats!!.....thanks!!!