NATS 2021 INPUT PAGE

Pylon Racing General Interest --
mikecondon
Super Contributor

NATS 2021 INPUT PAGE

Post by mikecondon »

GOING FORWARD!!!
I have been in touch with with AMA and close partners to work toward the improvement of the Nats 2021.
Last years Nats were a total success!! Many tough decisions, for many, had to be made. Communication and cooperation has set the path for another great Nats. Feedback from AMA stated the Nats last year were also a great success from there point of view including health concerns. There position this year has improved. A better comfort level to proceed has been the winning ticket.
The reason for this post, is to ask all those planning on attending the 2021 to please offer any suggestions to improve the week of the Nats. The practice time after each day has become a big concern. This is no more a issue. A whole new format to all has been set in place to be fair and comforting to all.
Please reply with your input!!! Its the reply's that I use to make the best decisions possible!!....thank you
KRProton
Super Contributor

Re: NATS 2021 INPUT PAGE

Post by KRProton »

Thanks for the opportunity Mike.

Just to get the conversation started, and I'm not sure about this, but I believe last year the A & B matrix system was disposed of and we ran just one big group (for 426 and 422). I think this has been suggested in the past and we finally did it last year. Personally, I like the single matrix better than the two-matrix format because it simplifies the schedule for the racers/callers and is easier to keep track of when your team is up, so that's my vote again.

Tim Lampe
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

As I told Mike last year, his handling of the Practice Flying event debacle was excellent, can't wait to see how it goes this year :o :P

The only thing I can think to discuss was the Lunch Vendor wagon deal :roll: :o :oops:

Now take all this with a grain of slats,,, cause Scotty has no experience feeding large groups of people :oops: :oops: :o :roll:

Two years ago, the wait/back log/line, was serious!!! Just too many people and not enough people serving/cooking!! Everything was cooked to order making the process even slower. The following year, last year,,,, "M" made our lunch, only to avoid the long wait line!!

Given our current equation, I would guess this years Nat's attendance will be very strong, and thats gonna be a lot of mouths to feed :lol: :-?

One technique I noticed to be very successful was at the Moose and ELk's lodge,, they do Hamburger & Hot Dog night,,,,, huge success the whole lodge shows up,, ~~ its just fun :-)

Ya walk thru the line, they hand you a pre-made burger/cheese burger/Dog ~ whatever,,, thing of fries or bag of chips,,, then off YA go to the condiment wagon! The line never stops!!!!!!

Shredded pork, Beans & Slaw another good food volume option!!!!

The condiment wagon has,,, as expected all the fix-in's,,, Lettuce, onions, pickles, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, relish,, have multiple sections with the same variety, put all that on a long table for separation, drink coolers at the end, and everyone's good till dinner :) :P :o :D

Collect food orders, little pieces of paper at pilot meeting,,, give the cooks a cooking count target,,,, staffing ~~ a Couple cooks, 3-4 people stocking the Condiment Wagon,,,, everyone has fun :P :D

XXOO

Scotty
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Post by mikecondon »

At this point the Matrix will remain as last year. Single matrix with top 28(pending on entrees) come back for final. No more A/B.
As for the lunch break. I feel as Scotty. The current venue is ill equipped to handle lunch. The workers go to the front of line only to wait 30 minutes for there order. Unacceptable!!! I look for input to this situation to be improved on.
I have also been ask about a F/T flyoff (dash for cash) Top 6 FTs ...2 (3 plane heats) take 2 from each for a winner take all. I like top 3 FTs for 1 heat only!! Your thoughts???
Terry Frazer
Super Contributor

Post by Terry Frazer »

Or you could bring your own food
Terry Frazer
Super Contributor

Post by Terry Frazer »

Pizza for the workers
Von Der Hey
Super Contributor

Post by Von Der Hey »

No Terry, T-Bone steaks for the volunteers!
Terry Frazer
Super Contributor

Post by Terry Frazer »

No one volunteers
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

I volunteer'd for the Worlds :lol: :o :roll: :oops: :D
Dr.Doolittle
Super Contributor

Post by Dr.Doolittle »

HI Scotty,

The F3D/E pylon world championships that were originally planned to be run right after the pylon nats this year have been postponed until July 2022.

Roy
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Post by mikecondon »

I really need serious input on lunch. The time spent waiting in line is unacceptable!! I have been in contact with AMA about a outsource setting a cafeteria style lunch for one of the days. We have tried the pizza plan. Both times the pizza was the remains of a horror story!! We will figure it out with all the positive input....thanks
GaryS
Super Contributor

Post by GaryS »

Phoenix has been using food trucks the last few years. Not the traditional "roach coaches" with pre-prepared food that's microwaved, but trucks that cook the food fresh to order. Perhaps getting more than one with different types of food, as it would give people a bigger variety and reduce the load on each one to keep the waiting times down.
GS
T.Doe
Super Contributor

Post by T.Doe »

So Gary is in to something with the food truck idea , that would give a great variety, and you could do pre-order for the workers and it would be ready to go when they got there
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Food temperature is a major concern!!!!! Even if you get a hot burger, it docent stay that way very long,, Dogs & Brat's are instantly warm to ambient temp,,,,, so what if a "Cold Sandwich" is considered???? :o :roll: :oops: :P

Stay with the limited menu to keep the line moving, and have a Quality Cook food truck, prepare their killer version of a Tuna Salad,,, Chicken Salad sandwich? :P 8) :P

Ya get a good one of those and it's "Good Eats" right there :P :) :D

Scotty Thoughts
Joe Tropea
Super Contributor

Post by Joe Tropea »

I'm sure this will go nowhere but....

Having the Nats conflict with Father's Day was simply ridiculous.

Keeping the NATS in conflict with Father's Day despite the fact that the World's is now cancelled is even worse. We are 5 months from the event. What could possibly be the reason for keeping the early date?