Midwest Sundowners Race, (Northern Indiana)

Pylon Racing General Interest --
kane
Super Contributor

Midwest Sundowners Race, (Northern Indiana)

Post by kane »

Just a quick note about a new race that will take place on Saturday 9/11. Event flyer can be found on the main NMPRA page.

Camping is available on site.
Friday, is open flying and be kind to club members that are there to sport fly.
Props: We have a limited number available. Please bring your own in case we run out.
Fuel: We will have fuel available for the contest but will not be able to supply fuel for test flying. Plan accordingly.

We have two club members that are working hard to get up to speed. They are excited to try Pylon for the first time. IF you know anyone thinking about trying, this is the perfect type of event for new guys.

This is a low key grass field. I hope if you are able to make it you take the time to come show your support. Please pre-register at: http://www.capsracing.com/registerSundowners.html

DK
Sparky
Super Contributor

Re: Midwest Sundowners Race, (Northern Indiana)

Post by Sparky »

Jim or DK,
Will the wheel pants requirement on EF1 be waived? Id prefer to go Pantless. if allowed.
Sparky
kane
Super Contributor

Post by kane »

Sparky wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:49 am Jim or DK,
Will the wheel pants requirement on EF1 be waived? Id prefer to go Pantless. if allowed.
Sparky
WELLLLL, keep your pants on. However, you may remove your wheel pants on your EF-1 for this race. We fly there all the time with them on but no issues removing them if you feel better about it.

DK
Jim DeYoung
Super Contributor

Post by Jim DeYoung »

Tim,
Will you be needing a ride from the airport Saturday?
Jim
Sparky
Super Contributor

Post by Sparky »

Jim,
At present we are planning on driving up. We only have one plane available and not enough room for everyone and gear.
Sparky
Sparky
Super Contributor

Post by Sparky »

Jim,
Fun Event!
Can we get a race report?
I got run ragged on a very long day.....
Sparky
Jim DeYoung
Super Contributor

Post by Jim DeYoung »

Our second Annual Midwest sundowners race was held September 11,2021. At the pilots meeting we had a moment of silence to remember our first responders that lost their lives and the families that were torn apart on September 11, 2001. The weather was great sunny and a bit breezy. We had a total of 13 racers. We raced 424 and EF-1. We were able to complete 5 rounds of each. Tom Melsheimer came and brought his PLATE system. It worked great and was a big improvement over what we had last year. Thanks Tom! Also notable was that we had two guys from our club that tried racing for the first time. They were Chris Fenik Who flew EF-1 and Glenn Lang who flew 424. They both did well and survived the race. We also had Mitchell Haupt racing with us. I believe this was Mitchell's second race. He did well and raced both EF-1 and 424. It was great to see some new guys racing! Trey Witte came all the way from Charlotte, North Carolina to race with us. One small glitch we had was lunch. We were supposed to have the boy scouts bring us lunch. There was a mix up and the boy scouts did not show up. How were we going to feed 30 or 40 guys? Cathy Kane suggested Hot dogs so we went with it. Larry from our club went to the store and bought the hot dogs etc. And Glenn Lang grilled them. Lunch turned out O.K. All in all I think the race ran very smoothly and there was some great racing.
In 424, Clint Seyer came in First, Mike DeNeve second , and Trey Witte third , fast time Clint Seyer.
In EF-1 Dan Kane came in first, Larry Lisowski second, and Jim Nikodem was third, fast time Dan Kane.
I want to thank all the pilots who came and raced with us! Hopefully we can do it again next year.
I will attach the score sheets.
Scan0122.pdf
(408.47 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Jim