2022 Texas Pylon Racing

Pylon Racing General Interest --
dwc1
Super Contributor

2022 Texas Pylon Racing

Post by dwc1 »

For planning purposes, I've got some good news to announce out of Texas. We have 2 clubs that have each voted to host races in the Houston area.

The first will be Brazoria County Modelers. I'm shooting for September 10 and 11. Based on entries, we will try to do 2 events each day. For sure 426 on Saturday and 422 on Sunday, and then EF-1 and 424 Saturday and Sunday according to entries.
This is a great field with lots of pylon racing history. Wide open space with no obstacles. Located within a mile or 2 from the beach. Plenty of hotels and good seafood. Right at an hour drive from Houston.

Also, Scobee field on the west side of Houston has voted to host this year. We'll shoot for an October date, avoiding the Champ race and the Tallman race. Many have been to this field, and know it's a good place to race as well.

More info to come as I get dates finalized, sanctions applied for, and flyers made to post on the Home Page.

Please make plans to attend, and tell your buddies about these races. Hopefully we can get some recurring events going in Texas again.