Barry Reade

Pylon Racing General Interest --
twitte
Super Contributor

Barry Reade

Post by twitte »

I am very saddened to let everyone know that we lost Barry Reade on Tuesday. I am not sure of all the details. I do know that he was having health challenges for a bit.

I met Barry when I first came into the Pylon Community around 2008. He was my first teammate in AMA 424. Spent many a weekend burning fuel. I will miss you greatly!! My condolences to Brenda and the family.

Rest in Peace, Barry.

#RunDeep
#RunSilent
#PullHarder

Trey
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Re: Barry Reade

Post by airplanescotty »

Barry Reade was very much Loved!

He was a husband to a very patient lady :P , a father of two successful children, a friend to so many, generous to a fault, and an excellent cook :wink:

Maureen and I had dinner at his house,,, WOW!!!

Professionally, Barry was Senior Master Chief of our Navy,, and Chief Of The Boat (COB) of a Fast Attack Nuclear Submarine! :o
The job of the "COB" was to make sure everything the Captain wanted done,,, did in fact ~ get done :-) Barry ran the entire boat!!!!

Senior Master Chief is by invitation only!!!! Upon consideration,, the fraternity of “Naval Master Chief’s” are solicited to see if a person would be acceptable or allowed to become a member! A true honor based on professional performance and respect by ones peer’s!!!!

I met Barry at our first return race, Old Julian field! I was standing there wondering what to do next when this really tall person came up to me with a Great Smile :P and asked ,,,,, can I help you??? After I Said yes he got me squared away with wing stickers, fueling table and all that!!!

At a Brad Clayton Hodges race, Barry handed me a 424 and said, this is yours, you need to fly 424 also,,, followed of course,,,, by his Great Smile :-)

I woke up this morning realizing that I can no longer call my beloved friend and have a fun conversation!

The inescapable heart ache aside, as I told Dean,,,, we are so lucky to have been a part of Barry’s life!

Scotty
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
Greg Doe
Super Contributor

Re: Barry Reade

Post by Greg Doe »

+1 to Scotty's message. I too will miss Barry.