Jett Tanker

Pylon Racing General Interest --
rocket
Super Contributor

Jett Tanker

Post by rocket »

Does anyone or has anyone done the graduation marks for OZs on the tube.
And I said, here am I send me.
Greg Doe
Super Contributor

Re: Jett Tanker

Post by Greg Doe »

Ray, I did a really rough approximation several years ago, and found that 2 OZ was about 1 7/8". I chucked my tube up in my lathe, and used a rounded tool to lightly score the tube. I figured painting the groves wouldn't last long, so I just feel for the score with my fingernail. I only have three groves for 2, 4, and 6 OZ.
dwc1
Super Contributor

Post by dwc1 »

If you have one of the older plungers with all of the grooves marked on it, they each represent a volume. Can't remember the graduations, but Dub should be able to tell you.
rocket
Super Contributor

Post by rocket »

dwc1 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:02 pm If you have one of the older plungers with all of the grooves marked on it, they each represent a volume. Can't remember the graduations, but Dub should be able to tell you.
I do.. I think I remember them being OZ markers.
And I said, here am I send me.
craigfarthing
Super Contributor

Post by craigfarthing »

I just filled a Jett cg tank and marked the tube. It was approximately 5 5/8” from the bottom of the tube. I then removed the o rings. Cleaned the tube and o rings and chucked it up In my lathe like Greg Doe suggested. I cut a very shallow mark in the tube. Reassemble it with new grease. Done in 5 minutes.