JR switch

Pylon Racing General Interest --
rocket
Super Contributor

JR switch

Post by rocket »

Ok JR guys. Why when the switch is in the off position is there 4+ Volts on the signal wire. Obviously a diode in the switch but why?
And I said, here am I send me.
MLH
Super Contributor

Re: JR switch

Post by MLH »

Sorry, no diode in the switch.
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Post by vonderhey »

No diode. However if you raise the contacts on the switch to .191 the switch will unload much better. The thickness of the female plug should be .1850 but I have seen a few at .1865. You can go to .198 by using a .010 switch shim. Good Luck.
PS: You can alleviate yourself from the above technical information by simply using a Futaba switch.
rocket
Super Contributor

Post by rocket »

vonderhey wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:05 pm No diode. However if you raise the contacts on the switch to .191 the switch will unload much better. The thickness of the female plug should be .1850 but I have seen a few at .1865. You can go to .198 by using a .010 switch shim. Good Luck.
PS: You can alleviate yourself from the above technical information by simply using a Futaba switch.
I found what it was. With the switch in the off position if you plug your battery checker in backwards using a switch that uses all 3 wires, ground, positive and signal the ground on the checker is now in the signal hole with the positive wire hot. It somehow completes a circuit using the receiver. Never noticed it before. PS, the female plug isn't .1850 it's 2.5mmx8mm.
And I said, here am I send me.