Re: 2023 Tavares Invitational - Pilot commitment needed

Post by airplanescotty »

Dubb Jett 426 & 422
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

May I please have Email addresses for John Thorpe and Curtis Switzer!

Greg will be starting Pre-Registration process shortly, He will need your Email addresses to ease the financial payment process :o :D

Scotty
gmc
Super Contributor

Re: 2023 Tavares Invitational - We are racing in March!

Post by gmc »

THANK YOU for your support of the LARKS Tavares Invitational - we have enough interest to have a race!
Only had 2 express interest in 424 - so will will be running 426 and 422 classes.

With fuel now at $100/case - we are going to set registration at $50 per class (which seems to be consistent with other 2023 races coming up...)

To register for a single class (either 426 or 422), use this link:
https://paypal.me/larksrcclub/50

To register for both classes, use this link:
https://paypal.me/larksrcclub/100

Click 'Send' on first page - it will prompt you to login to PayPal...
Once in PayPal - there is a box "What is this payment for"
Please provide class (if only one) - and your AMA number (and name if Paypal account isn't yours... )
Then click 'Send Payment Now' near the bottom of page.

Your preregistration will further help with our planning numbers.
Thank you for your continued support - and we look forward to racing in March in Florida!

Greg Cardillo
Contest Director, Tavares Invitational
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

I would like to personally thank each and everyone one of you for supporting our March Race,,,, regardless of the unanticipated unplanned & unexpected obstacles :o :-? :)

At the end of the last race I personally pursued improving the take off pad :oops: :o :lol: :D

The bids came back at 7, 8 and 9 thousand respectively with materials ranging from Millings to concrete!! Then I was faced with the problem of getting the materials to the Pad Area,,,, the Landfill is not solid and unsupportive of heavy equipment :P :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil:

However there is hope :roll: :wink: :o ,,, we have a County approved N/S runway addition, and we will pursue the needed "Pad Materials" at the appropriate time,, so hang in there :cry: :oops: :P

As Greg stated below, We now need the financial commitment to close the Lock on having the race!!!! So please take care of that Chore right away,,, very important!!!!

XXOO

Scotty
Mavrick
Contributor

Post by Mavrick »

Richard Oliver 422,426
Jason Oliver 422,426
cbk07
Super Contributor

Post by cbk07 »

Craig Korsen. 426/422
cncmachine
Super Contributor

Post by cncmachine »

I hear we have a RACE !!
I believe club president will le us know soon
I saw Scotty at a local event that was the word
Richard
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

On January 29th our CD, posted that we do have enough interest to hold a race.

In addition, he provided needed "PreRegistration Links" to confirm pilots commitment to coming to the race.

Since we are now in Direct conflict with "The New Basin" race, we need to ensure attendance!

Scotty
KRProton
Super Contributor

Post by KRProton »

What is the situation for pitting? When I attended the race there a few years ago, spikes were not allowed to be put into the ground, so therefore we could not put up our pop-up tents. Is this still the situation?

And just out of curiosity, where in relation to the course will we be pitting? And while I'm asking, out of curiosity again, where in relation to the runway will the course be?

Okay, thanks. :-)

Tim Lampe
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Hi Tim,,,

The flying site sits atop a closed LandFill! While we very much enjoy this facility, there are a few County rules!! Specifically, No Smoking (Open Flame), No Digging , and Close the Gate!!! :o :P :roll: :D

Somewhere below the surface is a Barrier to contain the trash, Hense the vent pipes to let all the gasses out! The County insist's we do nothing that might compromise that Barrier, So No Digging!!!

We are only allowed to drive off the road that circles the area at the Pavilion, so that's our Pitt Area! We use the Pavilion for the Event Computers, PA system, and food, with the Pitt area just east of the pavilion on the grass.
Last Team Trials, the guys tied their Pop-Up's together and it was just fine!!! :D :D

The course is Fixed about 30 degrees Off-Set , to the North, from the runway. We tried a different location at the first race and we lost the use of the Pavilion due to AMA Safety Set Backs. We ended up pitting on the North side of the area, could not drive off the road,,, it was a real mess!!!! :oops: :o :roll:

Scotty
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

Hey guys,,,, as with most government owned properties the consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted!!!

Please please please, do no do not allow any evidence of such activity be visible , laying on the ground for any county employee to see after the fact!

We have a new facilities manager and he has been a bit of a challenge :roll: :o :|

To loose the field would be tragic!!!!!

Scotty
sedaka
Contributor

Post by sedaka »

i will be there
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jacky Sedaka
30s
G.Freeman Jr.
Super Contributor

Post by G.Freeman Jr. »

SEMPRA will have practice fuel for sale at the the race. See me or Gary Sr. to purchase. $25 a gallon

Also, we will be collecting SEMPRA dues at the race so please show your support.

Thank you
Gary Jr.
rocket
Super Contributor

Post by rocket »

G.Freeman Jr. wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:38 pm SEMPRA will have practice fuel for sale at the the race. See me or Gary Sr. to purchase. $25 a gallon

Also, we will be collecting SEMPRA dues at the race so please show your support.

Thank you
Gary Jr.
One case each
Mario
Rey
Ray
And I said, here am I send me.