Michigan Pylon Race

Pylon Racing General Interest --
KRProton
Super Contributor

Michigan Pylon Race

Post by KRProton »

I was just looking at the NMPRA race calendar and noticed this race appeared. It's a race in northern, lower Michigan that has seemed to come and go a few times, but now that it's back on I just wanted to give it a little more attention to make sure everybody knows about it.

The dates are July 28, 30.

As I have family in the area, I've made it a point to get to all four or five they've had in the past. Though the site is slightly remote, it's an active club known mostly I believe for holding a big jet rally annually. The main guy that runs the club is Len Todd and he and his crew have lots of experience holding big events and have always been eager to work with the pylon racing crowd. It's on a huge, full-size runway that is a little coarse, but level and ridiculously wide and long. The area is vast and clear, so there are absolutely no obstacles anywhere around.

Looks like they've changed it up a bit for this year and there is no Q40. I see EF1 on Saturday and 424 on Sunday and 426 both days.

There are a couple of cozy cabin-type lodges within a mile or two of the site. The weather is typically, well, just about perfect up there at the end of August.

I have no skin in this game and the club doesn't even know I'm posting this, but I just thought I'd try to give this event a little more exposure.

Here are a few pics from the previous event.

Tim Lampe
Attachments
000.jpg
002.jpg
011.JPG
016 (2).JPG
018.jpg
007.jpg
mikecondon
Super Contributor

Re: Michigan Pylon Race

Post by mikecondon »

Wish I could attend. I will be out of town..!!
Sparky
Super Contributor

Re: Michigan Pylon Race

Post by Sparky »

Team Prowler will be flying in for the event!
Nice little town.
Sparky