Nelson Red Plugs

Pylon Racing General Interest --
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Nelson Red Plugs

Post by vonderhey »

I want to clear up any misinformation regarding the availability of the Nelson Red Plug. We have about fifty Red plugs left in our inventory which Dean will be taking to the NATS to sell. When the Red plugs are gone, they are gone. They will not be available at any time in the future. They have been discontinued due to a supply chain issue. :( Von Der Hey
craigfarthing
Super Contributor

Re: Nelson Red Plugs

Post by craigfarthing »

So, does this mean that glow 426 is dead after these plugs are used or is there an alternative plug we can use.
rocket
Super Contributor

Post by rocket »

Go Italian, you won't be disappointed. Or, just run regular Nelson plugs.
And I said, here am I send me.
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Post by vonderhey »

I would contact Dub Jett and ask for a recommendation on an alternative glow plug for the 426 engine. Again there will be no more red glow plugs available after the fifty or sixty we have are gone. Von Der Hey
rocket
Super Contributor

Post by rocket »

I should have said something when they handed me the FT trophy. My head was at .0XX the prop was a 8.8x9.0 the plug was ITALIAN. Life will not end when the red plug goes away. you will get the same result with the Nelson HD plug. From what I understand the wire is the same between the two. The mix of uranium, iridium, unobtanium is the same. If I'm wrong pease correct me.
And I said, here am I send me.
sahartman21
Super Contributor

Post by sahartman21 »

I used the Italian plug on my 426 engine. Worked fine and appears to be best option.

The Nelson HD will also work but is a little cold blooded. You need to keep the battery on until the engine is peeked.
Scott Hartman
Fritch, TX 79036