NMPRA 2024 - Notes from the new President

Pylon Racing General Interest --
killerd
Super Contributor

NMPRA 2024 - Notes from the new President

Post by killerd »

First of all, Happy New Year!!
I would like to share a few things to kick off 2024 and hit the ground running so to speak.

1. Improve communication to NMPRA members and rebrand why it’s important to become a member. Everyone who races (3 pole) should desire to be part of this organization, brag about what place you finished and what you won at the end of the season. You should receive communications on a regular basis about what’s happened, what’s happening, and what’s going to happen combined with being able to provide input and suggestions as a valued member including when your membership expires and time to renew.
I would like ask everyone who plans to race this year to make the effort to verify your membership is current. If not, use the easy PayPal link http://www.nmpra.net/application.php or for those dinosaurs that still send checks, please include the proper information to the NMPRA Secretary:
Larry Lisowski
3235 Elm Avenue
Brookfield, IL 60513
E-mail: L.lisowski@sbcglobal.net

2. Here is a list of goals that I have at the moment although some are lofty and can’t be accomplished immediately:

NMPRA Website – Update, refresh and include links to other pylon racing.
NMPRA Bylaws – Update needed
NMPRA Newsletter- Get it going again, volunteer most likely needed.
District map – modify the map to reduce the number of reps needed to account for less races but with better communication
Unify the Lane stickers- No local race can be successful without “out of state pilots”. Let’s throw a bone to the callers and make the lane stickers the same across the county for once.
Champ Race- It shouldn’t be just another race. It should be an event not to miss.
NATS- it’s a National Competition and like the Champ Race, it should be an event not to miss, harder than anything to win, and rewarding equally to everyone that attends.

3. NMPRA REPS- Congrats and thank you to my 2 newest reps, Tony McDonald and Jacob Raquet. One more is planned to be announced shortly.

4. I don’t plan to use the forum for communication after this announcement today, so please don’t just start firing suggestions on this thread. I will be happy to collect them personally or through the reps as we move forward. I will be sending a test email to the base membership by the end of the month, so please get your membership up to date along with your current email address and/or contact info.

5. None of this will be a piece of cake and while suggestions are welcome, what is really needed is volunteers to make things happens, so when you speak up give some thought on how much manpower is needed!!

Sincerely,

Douglas Killebrew
NMPRA President – 2024
Dk10c@att.net
(661) 400-5636
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Re: NMPRA 2024 - Notes from the new President

Post by airplanescotty »

Shortly after our relocation to Florida, I rediscovered Pylon,,,, and thanks to Rocket,,, of course returned :o :P

Then due to unpleasant circumstances,,, "M" and I took over SEMPRA.

As I got closer to Pylon,, thru SEMPRA,,, I was shocked :roll: to learn how few people were actual members of NMPRA, or failed to renew their memberships ......

Scotty
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
Jim DeYoung
Super Contributor

Post by Jim DeYoung »

Doug,
Thank you for sharing your goals. I agree with you 100% that the newsletter should be restarted.
Jim
KRProton
Super Contributor

Post by KRProton »

delete post.