May 4th & 5th 2024 OJ Race

Pylon Racing General Interest --
rocket
Super Contributor

Re: May 4th & 5th 2024 OJ Race

Post by rocket »

vonderhey wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:35 am Really! Just have the race. Are you kidding me? So you want us to jeopardize the Langlois family, the flying field, our AMA charter and all parties involved just to have a race? Let me make this PERFECTLY CLEAR, there will be no race in May of 2024! For those of you who want to ignore the AMA rules and the FAA laws should be ashamed of your narcissistic selves. Maybe it would be safer if we did not host future contests at our field in order to insulate the Langlois family regarding potential liability from the people who are more than willing to ignore rules and laws at our expense. Any future banter on this subject will just be nails in the coffin. BTW, I can’t say what I really want to say because if I did I would be thrown off this site. Von Der Hey
Dude, I was being sarcastic. That was the live on the edge comment. You People need to chill.
And I said, here am I send me.
cbk07
Super Contributor

Post by cbk07 »

I am still almost young enough to remember when we could joke around and have fun without half the world getting offended. Times have changed!! Sorry if my comment offended anyone. Was all in fun. I’m the one who was for the remote id’s if they helped keep us racing
Kurt Bozarth
Super Contributor

Post by Kurt Bozarth »

Wait...Are you telling me I moved all the way to North Carolina only to learn there won't be a race this year?

Kurt
Kurt Bozarth
kbozarth01@gmail.com
G.Freeman Jr.
Super Contributor

Post by G.Freeman Jr. »

Kurt,

Did you really move to NC?
Kurt Bozarth
Super Contributor

Post by Kurt Bozarth »

Jr.,

Yep, I moved to the Pinehurst,NC area in November. I am an hour south of Mike's field. I am still unpacking!

Kurt
Kurt Bozarth
kbozarth01@gmail.com
Greg Doe
Super Contributor

Post by Greg Doe »

Kurt, Are you a golfer? You're in God's country.
iamtom
Super Contributor

Post by iamtom »

So no more flying at OJA at all? Practice etc until you get FRIA CERT?
123READY TURN
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

iamtom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:34 am So no more flying at OJA at all? Practice etc until you get FRIA CERT?
FAA Extended FRIA deadline to 3/1/24, so flying anywhere may continue!

Will FAA extend the deadline further,,, my guess is yes!

Scotty
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
airplanescotty
Super Contributor

Post by airplanescotty »

I just got off the phone with Tyler Daniels at AMA (Think his last name is Daniels?? :roll: :o )!!

Tyler indicated they met with FAA Last Week and FAA will not extend the FRIA deadline! He then went on to say FAA clearly recognizes back log and their lack of resources!

Further, If an event is publicized and FAA gets wind of it they may show up! With regards to punitive action, if the FRIA infraction is coupled with a bad event,, they may take action, however if it is a stand alone infraction, FAA typically goes into Education Mode and end of story!

Tyler offered to help us with a Temporary FRIA~something or other,,, for lack of a better term so we can have the event!

If the CD were to send Tyler a brief note with the AMA Event Sanction number, he will zoom something off to the "Right FAA Guy" and maybe get something temporary pushed thru!!!! Tyler said he is more than happy to try!!!!!

Tyler's EMAIL is tylerd@modelaircraft.org ,,,,,, normal AMA address!

Hope this helps! :D

Scotty
QTR ~ Waste Not A Moment!!!!!
DHG
Super Contributor

Post by DHG »

It's Tyler Dobbs. He's a good guy, but obviously has his hands full.

I would definitely want something in writing from the FAA before doing an organized event, if it's going to happen after they start enforcing the FRIA/ID rules. There should be time between now and May to get a waiver or whatever they're willing to provide.

Cheers,
Duane Gall
Tied for 1st going into Round 1
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Post by vonderhey »

Again and again and again, The May 4th & 5th 2024 is NOT going to happen. We did not apply for a sanction nor did we create a flyer for the contest. So, again and again and again and again. There will be NO CONTEST on May 4th & 5th 2024 at the OJ flying site. Von Der Hey
MLH
Super Contributor

Post by MLH »

We should change the title of this tread as it has become a discussion on putting on events with the new rules from the FAA. I don't think all of the discussion has been about the OJA race.