Statement from the AMA engine committee

Pylon Racing General Interest --
kane
Super Contributor

Statement from the AMA engine committee

Post by kane »

I am writing this as a member of the AMA Contest Board as well as a member of the subcommittee noted in section 16.1.2.a.6 (a). The four members representing this group are: Dan Kane, Lloyd Burnham, Bob Brogdon and Duane Gall.

We have communicated with both Jim Allen (AMA Contest Board Chairman) and Doug Killebrew (Contest director) regarding the upcoming Q40 race at the Basin, specifically as it pertains to approved engine/muffler components. The engine committee would like to make a statement prior to the upcoming race. We feel that the state of Q40 is in a good spot. We have two engine manufacturers who are equally competitive and based on race results, do not show a performance advantage over the other. The committee is in the process of communicating with both engine manufacturers and requesting that they identify all changes made since 2016. We are also asking that they provide a sample of each changed part so that we can add it to our existing inventory. These stock components will be considered “Golden Samples” and will be used for comparison in cases where disputes of stock are made.

We have just begun this evaluation process and due to the timing and closeness to the upcoming event the committee has decided at this point, that engines and mufflers as supplied by the manufacturer are legal for use.

On a personal note, I hope the event is well attended and fun is had by all. I really wish I could attend this year. Unfortunately, this matrix filler will not be there for you to beat up on.

When the green flag drops, the BS stops!

DK
Burgster

Re: Statement from the AMA engine committee

Post by Burgster »

Might want to rethink this after todays post from Aero as far as having two suppliers!!😬
There's no replacement for displacement
Chago_N20P
Super Contributor

Post by Chago_N20P »

Might want to rethink this after todays post from Aero as far as having two suppliers!!😬
I read it.
There are still supplying engines, and they are planning to continue.
Yes, there may be a delay until the next batch, but they are being up front about it.

I am very thankful for Lee's time at Aero Engines, and also thankful for our AMA engine committee.
Indeed we are in a good spot in time with this hobby; Great people, great equipment and good rules.

We are very privileged to participate in such high caliber hobby.
Please enjoy!

Chago
sahartman21
Super Contributor

Post by sahartman21 »

I just received my Nelson engine order, 4/19/2024.
Scott Hartman
Fritch, TX 79036