Important message from Aero Racing Engines

Pylon Racing General Interest --
Aero Racing Engines

Important message from Aero Racing Engines

Post by Aero Racing Engines »

This is a notification that to the pylon community from Aero Racing Engines.

As of 2/22/2024 Lee Von Der Hey is no longer an employee of our business.
All inquiries and communications about N-40 engine and parts sales should to be
directed exclusively to either option listed below:

Email: ml@aeroprecisionmachine.com
Phone: 336-685-4000

We greatly prefer contact by email.
If you have been in contact with Lee about any orders that have not been filled as of today
please reconfirm via email and we will make sure all outstanding orders are filled.

No orders will be delivered to the Basin race. All current orders scheduled for delivery at the Basin
need to be shipped to customers homes. Also, no parts will be at the Basin for sale, including plugs.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

As of today, the use of Old Julian Airport for any and all types of remote flying is suspended until further
notice. At this time no events should be scheduled at OJA during 2024, including FAI time trials or practice
events. NO Flying Allowed Period. If this policy changes, we will update the community. Please to do not
contact us on this matter, it is not negotiable.

We are in the process of training a new employee to help with assembly of N-40 engines. We can
supply most parts from inventory, but all engines and top ends currently on hand are spoken for. We hope to have the
next batch of engines available soon. We are targeting mid-April for the next batch. We will take back orders and fill
them as soon as possible.

Anyone that has an engine order currently in place we will try to fill in the next 1-2 weeks.

Sorry for the delays, please bear with us until we can re-establish a steady supply.

Team Aero Racing Engines,
Steven, Joseph, and Mabel Langlois
Aero Racing Engines

Re: Important message from Aero Racing Engines

Post by Aero Racing Engines »

In addition to the changes listed in the first post we have one additional policy change.

At this time all engine repairs are suspended. We will not accept used or broken engines back
for repair. If this policy reverses, we will make an announcement, until that time please do
not mail us broken engines. If you need parts to repair your engine we can ship them to you.
We do not have the labor in place to handle repairs at this time.

Thanks,
Steven Langlois
Aero Racing Engines
killerd
Super Contributor

Post by killerd »

I would personally like to thank Lee for being at the right place at the right time with the right skills and donating his time to continue with Mike’s legacy of assembling and repairing our engines so we could play with our toys. Time is the most precious thing with have as we continue to learn with the loss of our teammates that parish far too soon.

Sincerely,

Douglas Killebrew
craigfarthing
Super Contributor

Post by craigfarthing »

Doug, well said.

Thanks Lee for your support.

Cf
Laird
Super Contributor

Post by Laird »

I'll pile on and say a big THANK YOU to Lee as well. Without his help, as well as Doug K's, and Rusty Van Baren's, I wouldn't have come back to racing after 25 years screwing off.

I really appreciate everything he's done with Aero Engines as well. I believe Lee improved upon what Mike was doing (which we all appreciate too) with his impeccable organization and attention to detail.

I do wish they had worded that first sentence in they're announcement a little better. I'm disappointed that they don't seem to appreciate what he has done for them. He will be very hard to replace.

Laird
SuperJay
Contributor

Post by SuperJay »

So is aero engines going to be a reliable engine manufacturer for the future of our sport?