A Mid-Atlantic race in lieu of OJA's race

Pylon Racing General Interest --
GaryS
Super Contributor

Re: A Mid-Atlantic race in lieu of OJA's race

Post by GaryS »

I’m in the same boat as Dennis. Never was able to make the past races, and have a work trip scheduled over the proposed weekend, but would love to come in the future!
GS
Bill J
Super Contributor

Post by Bill J »

Steve and Rick
This sounds great, I am in.
Bill Johanson - 62712
Sbaker
Super Contributor

Postponing the May 4-5 Race in Bowie

Post by Sbaker »

After discussing with the club's board of directors the idea of hosting a replacement race in Bowie for the cancelled OJA race, our club simply isn't ready to host a race of this magnitude, at least not yet. We will be going ahead and purchasing a light system, and training people how to use the equipment, however, we regrettably must suspend going for a May 4-5 Q-40 race.

My apologies to all.

Steve Baker
ceandra
Super Contributor

Post by ceandra »

Baker:

Thanks for working to bring it back! As you can see there is appetite to support you guys! We look forward to racing at PGRC in the NEAR future

As far as lights, keep asking around. It is a lot less to bite off to borrow a system until the club is certain its a long term deal. As far as acquiring a system, Tom's PLATE is the path forward. The Judgeman systems are great, but many components are obsolete and so maintenance gets harder each year.

I'll PM you

Chuck Andraka
11H
rocket
Super Contributor

Re: Postponing the May 4-5 Race in Bowie

Post by rocket »

Sbaker wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:19 pm After discussing with the club's board of directors the idea of hosting a replacement race in Bowie for the cancelled OJA race, our club simply isn't ready to host a race of this magnitude, at least not yet. We will be going ahead and purchasing a light system, and training people how to use the equipment, however, we regrettably must suspend going for a May 4-5 Q-40 race.

My apologies to all.

Steve Baker
You should change the name of the thread. " Race canceled "
And I said, here am I send me.
Sbaker
Super Contributor

Post by Sbaker »

Rocket:

I started a new thread to that affect.

SB