Possible SCAM

Pylon Racing General Interest --
gsjames
Super Contributor

Possible SCAM

Post by gsjames »

I received a strange solicitation from a legal firm to sign up as an "expert witness" for RC Pylon racing events. I don't plan to reply, but I can't imagine what kind of crap these lawyers are up to. Is someone trying to sue NMPRA or AMA or local clubs???
Below is the message that was sent:

I hope you are doing well! I am with Expert Institute, a legal services and technology firm that is hired by attorneys all around the country to assist in the research and recruitment of expert witnesses.

We are seeking an expert knowledgeable about the facilitation, design, and set-up of RC Pylon Racing events to assist. This case is time-sensitive and a paid consulting request.

If this is something you would be interested in, please respond to this email with your phone number, a good time to call, and a copy of your CV/resume, and I will follow-up with additional information. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who might be interested in this opportunity, feel free to pass along their information and I will make sure to connect with them. Thank you for your consideration and have a great day!

Best,

Jack Hammerton | Research Analyst
E: jhammerton@expertinstitute.com| P: (414) 279-5672
173 N Broadway Street | 2nd Floor | Milwaukee WI 53202
ExpertInstitute.com
Sparky
Super Contributor

Re: Possible SCAM

Post by Sparky »

At first blush it looks legit.
But I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole.
Sparky
ceandra
Super Contributor

Re: Possible SCAM

Post by ceandra »

Gary:

I got same thing. And I am not planning to reply.

Don't know if it is something legit, someone suing AMA/NMPRA, someone wanting to shut down pylon, or what.

Chuck A
11H