Second Indiana Club 40 race of the 2021 season

A forum for discussing Club 40 and other "sport" classes of racing.
Sparky
Super Contributor

Second Indiana Club 40 race of the 2021 season

Post by Sparky »

Well if you attended the NAT's you were aware of the peculiar weather Indiana enjoys. At our club field (just North of Bloomington Indiana) we are in bottom land and usually some time in the spring we will get a heavy rain and our field will be submerged for a while until the water retreats, that happened in April. I figured that before the Corn that gets planted adjacent to our field biannually we could host a couple of races. Well last Saturday was our race date but it didn't happen. Friday Night and early Saturday morning the 18th a week before the scheduled race we got a lot of rain, 71/2" in one hour! I was hopeful that with a week to dry out things would be ok.
Our field was already waterlogged and this was just too much water to easily shed, our field is a soggy bog right now. I would be worried about getting the car stuck but may another 7-10 days we will be back to normal operations. There really isan't any way to reschedule another race but the good news the next race will be in Northern Indiana with the Galveston Model club. They are situated on an old abandoned military bounce field that was built during WW2 for pilot training. You can barely make out the 6 sided star that used to be the runways and the ground drains well regardless. If you want to come race with us we have two classes Silver and Bronze. The bronze class is for plain bearing .40 engines and the Silver is for BB engines. We usually run the same engine as in 424. the TT.40 and EVO .46
If you want to come join us on 24 July please drop me an email or text.
timsparks35atgmail.com
Sparky