speed controls

A forum for electric pylon racing discussisons including Electric Formula 1.
twitte
Super Contributor

speed controls

Post by twitte »

I am getting ready to unfit a couple of EF1's soon and would like to know what speed controls are being used. I have used the CC Ice models in the last few I have had.

Just wanted to see what else is working for others.

Trey
fizzwater2
Super Contributor

Re: speed controls

Post by fizzwater2 »

I've used the Ice Lite 75A with good luck, and the newer Edge 75A also, both from Castle
Out of all the places we could be, this is one of them.
ronin4740
Super Contributor

Post by ronin4740 »

The Ice lite 75A is a nice ESC. If you're looking to save a few $$$ as well as a few grams of weight on the nose an alternative is the Hobby King Plush 60A ESC.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

If you go this route I'd suggest getting a programming card as well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

I've not tried other ESC's but any 60-75A ESC ought to work. Lighter is usually better.
uavflyer2k
Super Contributor

Post by uavflyer2k »

The Plush 80 is an excellent choice, seems as good as the Castle but doesn't have data logging and saves $$$.
The Castle 75 and 100 are also excellent, I changed to the 100 it because of the logging capabilities, I'm big on understanding how my motor and batteries are working. If you are into that the Castles are the best choice.

I used the Castle 100 as it should have slightly less "on" resistance although I couldn't tell if it makes any "Real" difference, It is only a slight premium to the 75 and will future proof you as the batteries get better and pump out more current.