EF1/Q500 racing at Hillsdale, KS - (southwest of KC) June 11/12

A forum for electric pylon racing discussisons including Electric Formula 1.
fizzwater2
Super Contributor

EF1/Q500 racing at Hillsdale, KS - (southwest of KC) June 11/12

Post by fizzwater2 »

the RC Barnstormers are hosting a EF1/Q500 race the weekend of June 11-12. 424 and 426 on Saturday, EF1 and 426 on Sunday, with EF1 flown on the 475' long Q500 course.

Since we fly off a grass field, EF1 airplanes are not required to have wheel pants if you so desire. Also, in the interest of digging anyone interested in EF1 out of the woodwork, we will not require the wingtip extensions for the E-flite Pogo, if anyone has a Pogo left that they'd like to race. We do provide plywood pads for takeoff, but the landings will be in grass, cut short. We typically don't have any issues with our practice flying at our field.

Ritch's brew 15% fuel will be provided for the Q500 fliers.

We have 9/6 props for 424, and 8/8e props for EF1.

As we did last year, we should have the Heartland Speed Freakz' lighting / timing system. Also, we should have the grill going for lunch both days.

Camping is available nearby at the Hillsdale Lake Kansas state park. Our field also requires a day-use permit or a Kansas State park permit for your vehicle, A self-pay station is located on the access road to our flying field, and we will have some of the envelopes with us at registration, too.

Last year's race was a success, and we'd like to see involvement in our spring race continue to grow. C'mon out and race with us! Check the flyer for location and directions.

I have a pilot list going in the general race section here in the NMPRA forums. If you'd like to come race, please submit a name and class(es) interested in, and I'll add names to that list.

C'mon out and race!
Attachments
RC Barnstormers June 2016 race.pdf
(157.46 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
Out of all the places we could be, this is one of them.
fizzwater2
Super Contributor

Re: EF1/Q500 racing at Hillsdale, KS - (southwest of KC) June 11/12

Post by fizzwater2 »

just another shameless plug..

trying to gauge interest in EF1 racing. We have a few interested, would like to see a few more.
fizzwater2
Super Contributor

Re: EF1/Q500 racing at Hillsdale, KS - (southwest of KC) June 11/12

Post by fizzwater2 »

I've heard of a few more people that are planning on coming, so that's great!

C'mon out to Hillsdale and race with us, should be a fun weekend.

Hobbico has donated a Kunai ARF glider as our raffle prize, so there's a chance at that, too! the Kunai is a pretty slick powered glider, one of our club members has one and I've been tempted to pick one up myself!

good racing,
Gordon