Kane's EF-1 at the Nats

A forum for electric pylon racing discussisons including Electric Formula 1.
JSC
Super Contributor

Kane's EF-1 at the Nats

Post by JSC »

I like Dan Kane's EF-1 that he flew at the Nats.
What was that?.........Plus availability? 8)
dscherrer
Super Contributor

Re: Kane's EF-1 at the Nats

Post by dscherrer »

Deleted...wrong answer.
kane
Super Contributor

Post by kane »

Jeff,

I flew the Yellow Shark during the NATS.

I won best of show with a Little Toni.

Details:

Both the Shark and the Estrelitta will be available as an ARF. Details will be available later this year.

The Little Toni is a scratch built airplane, for which I have plans. The airplane has Travis Flynn's numbers. The reason this airplane was built this way, (someone else's numbers that is) was due to the fact that this was a tribute airplane. This airplane was done to honor the late Jimmy Shinohara. The last F1 that Jimmy built and painted was given to Travis (see the attached pict). Travis, used this airplane to win the NMPRA champ race the year Jimmy passed away. Therefore, to honor all of the F1 pilots and especially Jimmy, I tried to duplicate his craftsmanship with this electric powered, Ultracote covered racer.

Kevin Yost made an incredible trophy. You had to see it to believe it. We plan to bring back the importance of craftsmanship and will be awarding the Best of Show award each year.

Kevin, thank you for the trophy!

DK
Attachments
Little Toni
Little Toni
Shark
Shark
Shark.JPG (20.97 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
Jimmy's last F1
Jimmy's last F1
JSC
Super Contributor

Post by JSC »

It would be nice to see that little Toni Kitted like that, or, similar. With a strong wing of course to handle 5s........oops...LOL :D
ronin4740
Super Contributor

Post by ronin4740 »

Dan,

Nice to hear that both the Shark and Estrellita will be available as ARF's. Can you share any other details about them at present??

From the photos and news letters it looks like it was a very busy and enjoyable Nats this year! Hope I can make it next year!

Chris
Dave Yost
Super Contributor

Post by Dave Yost »

Dan Or Travis:

I think the pilot in the Kaze is one of the 30 I painted Jim around 1996's or so. The checkers up one side if I am not mistaking, was done on several.

I love those colors.

God speed Jim Shinohara!.....for so many racers he helped get started in this sport.

Cheers, Dave
kane
Super Contributor

Post by kane »

JSC wrote:It would be nice to see that little Toni Kitted like that, or, similar. With a strong wing of course to handle 5s........oops...LOL :D

The Toni is available in a kit form. It is available from RBC kits. http://www.rbckits.com/shop/airplane-ki ... -toni.html

The Little Toni is one of the first ones we did.

Wing wise, you might have to convince a foam wing cutter to cut some cores and build the wing to your liking to meet the 5S limitation.

DK
JSC
Super Contributor

Post by JSC »

I'm wondering, if I could find someone to build one of these for me? Assembled, covered,and painted. Etc.
etc. 8)
stoned
Super Contributor

Post by stoned »

Contact Mike Helsel,he offers a building service.