Phoenix area EF1 Series

A forum for electric pylon racing discussisons including Electric Formula 1.
edh-13
Super Contributor

Phoenix area EF1 Series

Post by edh-13 »

Hello,
A BIG thanks to NMPRA for adding the Phoenix area EF1 race series to the calendar of events!

Arizona Model Aviators is now holding monthly EF1 races at Superstition Air Park in Mesa, Az. The race season is one Sunday morning a month from September through May (November off) with race day cash prizes and a point championship rollup at the end of the season.

Aircraft conform to the NMPRA EF1 rules without exception. The race format is 2 pole, 500’, 30 sec timed flying start, 7 laps. We normally have between 10 and 15 entries per event - 5 rounds and we’re done by noon. Race dates, times and results are in the attached link. No need to be a member or preregister - Just show up with NMPRA EF1 qualified equipment, an AMA card and $10. Race at one of the premier flying sights in the Southwest!

For decades Arizona Model Aviators has held a successful 25 size glow, 2 pole racing series blending-in EF1 over the last couple of seasons. Now this series has been converted to NMPRA EF1 exclusively. This allows nearby EF1 racers from a reasonable radius to come out and race with us and instantly adds 10 or so Phoenix area flyers to the pool of EF1 talent in the southwest. I know there is at least a few of us that are looking forward to traveling to some regional races.

Come on out – Have some fun - Win some cash! But don’t think we’re easy pickin’s. We have a regular contingent of Speed World guys that will give anyone a run for their money!

Club link below.

http://azmodelaviators.com/club-events/ef-1-racing/

Eric Huffman
Attachments
IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG
IMG_0297.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG
Last edited by edh-13 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jima
Super Contributor

Re: Phoenix area EF1 Series

Post by jima »

Eric,

Thanks for posting.

These are great fun races. I wish I could have made more of them the past couple of years, especially since this beautiful field is 4 miles from our house. I am ashamed. I promise to get to at least a few this season. Seriously, these are the kind of local fun races we need more of. From these races people like Eric then decide to try 3 pole racing with their EF1's and now he's going to give 426 Quickie a try.

By the way, I just saw today that Tower is having a sale on the GP Proud Bird for $99.99. Very popular plane at a great price. if you've been considering one of these ARF's, now is the time. Get one and come join the fun here in Arizona where it's nice and warm in the winter months.

Jim Allen