general question

A forum for electric pylon racing discussisons including Electric Formula 1.
mack5

general question

Post by mack5 »

hi everyone

i am new to this forum, i like to build a f1 air race using pictures only i can not find any line drawings at all, i do know it is a modified shoestring like circus circus or Judy 44 for example both are ray coty design a airplanes.

if i use the e flight shoestring as a base changing just the flying surfaces outline only to match the pictures is this with in the rules? it is making cosmetic changes to the flying surfaces / color marking out lines only?

i have no plans or drawings at this time. so it will be a scratch built racer. i will not be using any printed plans for this build.
mack5

Re: general question

Post by mack5 »

hi
everyone

i did not get a response so next question is

i now have written proof from the owner / builder the he does not have line drawings but may have pictures of the air craft, so ho do i summit the design to to get approval? he used the shoestring as the base for the airframe, did some changes to the airframe, so is it ok for me to do the same?

thanks
Greg Doe
Super Contributor

Post by Greg Doe »

Mack, There are better, more knowledgeable folks then myself to respond, but since no one has, I'll try to answer your questions. By the way, try to be patient when you don't get an answer right away, as everyone doesn't visits this, and other sites daily. You should be just fine, and fully EF1 race legal to make the changes you propose. Just don't reduce the wing area, or any other dimension that is required by the rules. A good example of what you are proposing is the conversion of the Proud Bird to a Revits. Or that the ARF Shoestring, and the kit Polecat have the same fuselage with different flying surfaces. As long as you don't bend the rules you're fine.
mack5

Post by mack5 »

kane
Super Contributor

Post by kane »

Mack,

If you make changes to an existing design, you will need to submit drawings with the proposed changes and pictures of the real airplane. This doesn't have to be complicated... it can just be a pencil sketch on a napkin and some screen grabs from the internet.

As Greg pointed out keep in mind you need a min stab area of 70 Sq inches. As well as meeting all the wing dimensions, max length, thickness and area.

If you need help I can steer you through the process. Send me an email at kane d jr at hot mail dot com ( no spaces)

DK