Spektrum 4s 3200mah 100C G2 battery not legal for ef1

A forum for electric pylon racing discussisons including Electric Formula 1.
Bob_T
Super Contributor

Spektrum 4s 3200mah 100C G2 battery not legal for ef1

Post by Bob_T »

I was planning to buy new batteries for this EF1 racing season since our current batteries are getting tired. I was going to get 3 of the spektrum 3200mah 100C batteries since these seems to be popular lately. The only one's available that I could find are the G2 version that doesn't have the balance plug. While discussing with another EF1 pilot I learned that these batteries, the ones without balance plug, are not legal for NMPRA EF1 competition because they exceed the (reduced) weight limit for batteries without balance plugs but the ones with the balance plug do meet the weight requirements for batteries with balance plugs. It was brought to my attention that this is also mentioned on page 2, 2nd post, of the Electric 424 Q500 thread in general discussion. ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6761&start=15 ) Glad I found this out before buying ~ $300 worth of batteries (and a new charger specific for those batteries) that we could not use for racing. :o.

Bob
DHG
Super Contributor

Re: Spektrum 4s 3200mah 100C G2 battery not legal for ef1

Post by DHG »

I, too, am beginning to browse around for a couple of new packs. Any feedback on the Dinogy Graphene 65C 3300s? I've been very happy with my previous Dinogy 3300s. A couple of the local guys here have the Graphene version and they seem to function well. Just thought I'd check in here since, like Bob, I'd rather find out sooner than later if there's a reason not to get them.

Thx,
Duane
Tied for 1st going into Round 1