Help with your photos

A place for posting pictures from the past. Please use contest threads to post pictures from current/recent races.
DonStegall
Super Contributor

Help with your photos

Post by DonStegall »

Hi Guys,

I know you have lots of old photos out there.

I can help you get them ready to post here or post them for you.

I post process my photos and can often make them look more like they did when they were new using PhotoShop to color correct them, crop them, etc.

If you don't have a scanner, You can usually take a decent photo of photos with an iPhone or Android phone that I can work with. Just find some good lighting (outside in the sun actually works well) and shoot the photo of the photo using the phone. You can then text them to me at 704-968-2881. I will pop it to my email at Don.F.Stegall@gmail.com in full resolution. Then I will process them and either post them for you and I can email them back to you.

I have a new version of http://rcpylonmemories.com/ in development to share things like this.

Adding these forums was a great idea.
DonStegall
Super Contributor

Re: Help with your photos

Post by DonStegall »

So you can see what is possible with a good scanner and PhotoShop.

This photo was scanned at 600dpi. It looks just like the photo.
Lil Bit Before Processing.jpg
This is the photo after using the "Auto Contrast", then "Auto Color", then "Auto Tone", then setting the Brightness. The trick is to use the "Fade Auto Contras", "Fade Auto Color", then "Fade Auto Tone" to keep the colors in check as you process the photo.

This one probably has the red a little darker than the original red on the plane, but it looks much better than the original. The Kraft radio is a little darker than the real one was. But if I made it too bright, the whites lost detail in the tail area.
Lil Bit_Medium.jpg
So if you have photos you want touched up, just text me at 704-968-2881 or email photos to Don.F.Stegall@gmail.com and I'll fix you up. It is a little work for me, but I get to see model airplane stuff and that is reward enough for me.