Denight Special for sale

List racing related modeling items here for sale or trade. Items will be automatically pruned after 60 days.
evansdseven

Denight Special for sale

Post by evansdseven »

I am new to this forum. I am a long time RC hobbyist who has competed in several different categories of the hobby. In the 80's I was involved in Q40 and F1 pylon racing. I am currently going through some old kits and I'm looking to trim my inventory. I have 2 Denight Special kits that I acquired from Chip Hyde back in 1986. One is partially built, and the other is in the box as purchased. If anyone is interested in one or both please let me know before I put them on Ebay.
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Re: Denight Special for sale

Post by vonderhey »

I would like to purchase the NIB Denight Special kit. I can be contacted at 818 five five 4-35 one seven. Thanks, Lee.
evansdseven

Post by evansdseven »

Hi Lee, You can email me at david.evans7@icloud.com or call me at 614-397-5780. Thanks
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Post by vonderhey »

Hi everyone, I passed on this because it is not NIB. However the work that has been done looks to be very good work. My guess, either Dave Shadel or Merle Hyde did the work that has been done. If someone is looking for a Denight Special to build, this would be a good choice. Von Der Hey.
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Post by vonderhey »

Denight photos
IMG_1188.jpeg
IMG_1187.jpeg
IMG_1186.jpeg
IMG_1184.jpeg
fizzwater2
Super Contributor

Post by fizzwater2 »

Is this a Paul's Flying Stuff kit? I had one of those many years ago.
Out of all the places we could be, this is one of them.
vonderhey
Super Contributor

Post by vonderhey »

Either Gary Mc Pike or Paul Sternberg. Paul acquired Gary’s kit business in the mid 1980s. However not much changed. The kit was a very good high quality kit. Jeff Bertkin made all of the glass parts for the kit. Jeff was a master at his profession.
Von Der Hey.