2017 WARBIRD NATS

Pylon Racing General Interest --

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor
Flag: United States of America

2017 WARBIRD NATS

Postby mflood3800 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:43 pm

The date are set for the 2017 Nats and Warbirds will once again be competing in all 3 classes.
July 20 and 21 are the 2 days of competition. We will be following right after the Q40 racing (422) is wrapped up. We are hoping this allows many more of the 3 polers to join in on the fun.

Follow along for important info including the current rules and items of importance here at this facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/Warbird-Nats-R ... 040894122/

We will be announcing our sponsors very soon and look forward to the fastest 2 pole competition at the Nats
There will be over $2500 in trophy, prizes and raffle items just for this race.

Mark your calendar and come join us.
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Re: 2017 WARBIRD NATS

Postby mflood3800 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Racers.
We are getting close to needing to book flights, reserve rooms for the 2017 Nats.
The Warbird Race dates are July 20-21 (Thur-Fri) after the Q40 concludes.

We have great sponsors again this year in YS Engines donating a New YS Engine to the Over all points Winner of each class.
Also APC has again stepped up and because of their support we will be offering a World Models ARF Pylon Racer as a Raffle for Pilots only
All you need to do is enter in a class and you receive a free ticket and a chance to win the new racer.
If you enter 2 classes you get 2 tickets. The only requirement is you are entered and race at the event. You must be present to win the ARF.
World Models is also on our sponsors list making it possible to have this drawing as well.

Ritch's Brew is again helping us out and is available to bring any and all of your fuel needs.

We look forward to seeing all of you from last year and many more new faces as well.
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Trophies are here for the 2017 Warbird Nats.  You cant win one if you're not entered. 
One Race, 2 Days, fill a dream and become the USA National Champion in Muncie, IN this coming July
20170524_193403.jpg
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

cncmachine
Super Contributor

Postby cncmachine » Mon May 29, 2017 9:58 am

strega maidin.jpg

Maiden flight completed next 65% nitro :D

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Glad it all went well.
Planes is sweet to fly and super fast on the course for sure. World Models hit a home run with this one.
Be Careful with that Nitro bud. Get about 4 good tanks thru it then serve up the good stuff keeping it really rich, (Smokey).
I personally think all four strokes should come alive with high nitro like these Ys engines do, but there is really only one real 4 stroke race engine
:)

It will be a pleasure listening the 4 strokers on nitro after 4 days of high pitched 2 strokes

Kinda like watching Suzukis and Yamahas go at it and then the Hines bros come out on the Harleys
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:48 pm

Don't forget racers, every class you enter and race at the Nats gets you a ticket for the raffle prize from The World Models, Strega Gold Class racer.
Also the winners of the over all points race in each of the 3 classes, gets a YS engine thanks to Richard and Tetsuo of YS Engines

Our Sponsors are some of the best in the industry

YS Engines
APC
The World Models
Ritch's Brew
Waymire Decaling
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

cncmachine
Super Contributor

Postby cncmachine » Wed May 31, 2017 2:00 am

Thank you Marty
Yes this YS 115ws has several tanks of 30% nitro thru it
flew Monday 65% man what a blast, engine really came a live ....
I'm thinkin more test flying on 30%
no need to burn up a engine before the Nats. just had to see what 65% was like :twisted:
yes very rich needle setting
Also have a Spitfire same set up... gear did get stuck :oops:
talked to Richard V. he removes a lil material off face inside re-track screw limits
I always love some healthy input .... thanks again Marty
also i need some of peoples input/ pics fuel line filling/ routing for these engines...
Richard T.
see ya at the Nats.

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Just finished prepping and racking my Q40 and Warbird planes for the Nats.
It will be here before we know it.

I ordered my fuel from Randy at Rich's Brew, and just want to remind everyone to get in touch with him and place your order and have it delivered to the pits- cant beat that !!!

Again a reminder- every warbird entry gets you one ticket, for the free Gold class ARF from WM- the Strega.
Thanks to The World Models
Also first place winners of the Over all points in each of the 3 classes wins a YS engine- Thanks to Richard @ YS Engines

A special shout out to Robert at APC for his sponsorship again this year making the trophies and raffle possible.

We will be processing planes any time after Sunday. I will be racing Q40 so my time will be limited, but will try to inspect planes as I can.
If you need a plane inspected on Thursday, the day of the event, let me know ahead of time.
We want to be racing first thing and get 4 rounds in Thur and 4 on Fri with the trophy races (3) for each class.

We will be pitting under big tent again, so see Trey about $$ for that and be prepared to walk or get a ride on the cart to the flight line- its a ways there so get your stuff together. These heats move quickly, so we need you to as well.
Last edited by mflood3800 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

ceandra
Super Contributor

Postby ceandra » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:29 am

Marty:

I hope you mean Friday?!

Chuck

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:45 pm

Yes I did
lol
Thx Chuck
Post is edited with correct day
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Make sure to let the matrix tech know your team member ( only 2 per team) at the Nats,
We will identify this person for you, just make sure you work out who is your team mate for this event.  No more than 2 guys per team
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:16 pm

I talked to Yolanda today and said if you are having issues getting her directly- dial 0 and aske for her and she will be paged.
Sat is the "official" deadline for no late fee added ($50)
Get those entries in

Remember every entry gets you a ticket for the drawing of the WM Strega- Gold class Arf.
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:48 pm

34 entries.... we are down 5 from last year.
Seems all of Pylon is down from last year.
We have several new pilots this year and that is great, many are non West Coasters, which is also great as this means Warbird is growing nationally.
-we would love more west coasters, but we also love the rest of the nation too.

Jeff Robinson is coming from the West coast if you need stuff hauled and can arrange this with him. He will be there for all things pylon I believe, except maybe 424, but that may have changed too.
Dave Sullivan is also coming from the West coast and can haul for the warbird event only (arrives later than other events)

Weather is forecasted to be 72 degrees with no wind and 0% humidity, so lets go racing
;)
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:03 pm

For Warbird, we only allow 2 pilots to be on a "Team". Where as 3 pole allows 3, we only allow 2
Just a heads up so when you arrive to process Wed, you are not caught off guard.

Myself and Jeff Robinson will be inspecting planes thru out the day Wed. But hopefully we will both still be racing Q40 as well so be patient.
We do want to get all planes inspected on Wed so we can get going Thur morning and complete 4 rounds.

There will be practice allowed briefly Thur morning, but we want to get things rolling quickly, so plan on getting your needle dialed Wed evening after the Q40 guys clear out
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

Topic Author
mflood3800
Super Contributor

Postby mflood3800 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:34 am

Racers
Don't forget to get your fuel orders in to Ritch's Brew.
Randy will have your fuel delivered right to the pits.

Again a huge thank you to our sponsors:
Ys Engines
APC Propellers
Ritch's Brew
The World Models, Inc
Waymire Decaling
Marty Flood
Team JR
YS Engines

Return to “General Discussions Q500 & Q40”